Nu ești un membru încă? Înregistrează-te acum!
Creează un cont nou  

[Vampire Knight] My Hunter-san

Am inceput sa scriu acest fic la cererea unei dragi prietene, pe care am cunoscut-o in VK forums - acesta e motivul pt care scriu un fic despre Zero si nu despre Kaname. Dupa cum vedeti, avatarul si sig-ul meu il reprezinta pa kaname - huge fan of his.

In viitor planuiesc un Yume fic - deocamdata nu am timp pt asta - poate dupa ce voi termina de scris those personal requests.

Rated: Mature - contains sexual content *nu toate capitolele*
Genre: Romance/Drama/si putin Humor
Manga: Vampire Knight
Characters: Zero x OC x Maria

Disclaimer: I do not own Vampire Knight or it's characters.

My Hunter-san

Chapter I

He always hated that office. The only times when he entered there was to get a new job. Which vampire will he hunt now?

He was waiting for thirty minutes. It was for the first time when Cross Kaien, the president of Hunters Association, was late. God, he will kill him when he gets his hands around his neck…

After another thirty minute of waiting, the door finally swung open.
"You bastard, what took you so long? You're late!" the silver-haired vampire asked. Kaien, the man who just entered, made a shocked face. He wasn't late. He called Zero-kun at 3 PM. Checking his new watch the correct hour was confirmed.

"Zero-kun, that's rude. I was late just thirty seconds. You don't need to get mad for tiny seconds." Calmly, Kaien headed to his office, while Zero continuously got more and more pissed.

"Thirty seconds? I think you want to say 60 minutes." Zero pointed to the wall clock, it was 4 PM.

Kaien was late one hour and like it wasn't enough, Zero lost another half hour talking about watches. Like always Kaien made the same dumb expression like in the past. That man has no cure. Pissed on wasting his time with this so-called hunter, Zero snapped.

"What's my new mission? Tell me once so that I can get out of here." Another half hour with this man, and he would need therapy.

From time to time, when it was needed, Cross Kaien, the one who was named the vampire without fangs and was proclaimed the most powerful hunter became serious. He adjusted his eye glasses before speaking.

"Zero-kun, your skills are necessary in UK. Rumors about a nasty vampire have become noisier lately. You must complete a mission to find and tame that vampire. Here is some info about that vampire." Kaien handed Zero a yellow envelope. Zero didn't bother to look at it.

"UK? You want me to go in that country where it's raining every day? And if I am not wrong, isn't UK at more than 12 hours distance from here, even with a plane?"

"Correct, Zero-kun. Your mission will be in UK and probably will take several weeks. That troublesome vampire is hard to catch."

Kaien couldn't stop talking about the new mission and, this way, he didn't notice Zero's mood changing from bad to worse. A gloomy aura gathered around the young vampire, with no chances for the president to notice. Not until the young hunter exploded.

"Hell no! I refuse to go there. Plus, it's just a single vampire. Here I have more prey. Send Kaito!" Zero stormed out from the office not looking back.

There was just no way he would accept this new mission.

One hour later

Finally, Zero's nerves cooled down. He was in a glade behind Cross Academy. The year which passed was quiet. The night class was kept under control by Ichijou Takuma. He was ruling the night class after the initial creator, Kuran's retreated to create a family.

Since the Kuran couple ruled over vampire society, the waters were cooled now. Day by day, ex-human vampires created fewer problems. Day by day, step by step, the vampire society was heading through a peaceful co-existence with humans.

He heard steps heading in his direction. He turned around and saw her. It was Maria, the vampire who started to seduce him more than a year's ago, and slowly he had let himself caught in her web.

She wasn't a troublesome vampire; actually she was a damsel in distress with a fragile body avid for attention. He didn't love her the way she deserved, but he liked to spend his time with her sometimes.

Why sometimes? Well, that's because she wasn't so nice all the time. Even the smallest and kindest creatures had something to hide. Zero felt fine with staying with her for several hours to talk or go for a walk, but when she became too clingy, and she was like that for several hours, Zero wanted to escape from her and go hunt something or someone.

"Zero-kun! I found you!" she jumped in his arms and gave him a quick kiss on the lips. "Where have you been? I have been looking for you for hours." Zero put the small vampire on her feet. Somehow he had a bad feeling about her presence.

"I was in town for business." He didn't want to go into detail.
"Zero-kun?" Oh… he knew this sweet, soft voice. She always used it when she wanted to get something she knew Zero wouldn't like, but she was still willing to ask. Somehow, that sweet voice had become Zero's biggest enemy and he had no way of defeating it. His cool attitude was blow away.

"Zero-kun, I was just thinking." She continued to use the same killer voice, "we have been a couple for more than a year now and we've shared our blood." Yes, they shared their blood constantly for more than a year. Maria was the second person he drank fresh blood from. Sometimes he drank so much that he left her unconscious.

He enjoyed her blood and her feelings as well. She really loved him and he felt guilty for not returning her feelings the same. But he did what he could and Maria was aware of his efforts. He tried to compensate for his feelings with actions like making her wishes come true.

"What it is, Maria?" He was afraid to ask more. Maria then looked him straight in the eye. She did that when she really wanted something.
"I want us to get married."

Zero was so taken aback by Maria's confession that he couldn't say anything for several minutes. A cat had caught his tongue, but not Maria's. She continued to speak.

"I know we're still young and maybe you aren't prepared for marriage, but I know you like me, Zero-kun. I felt it through your blood when I drank it. I know you still have some feelings for Yuuki-chan, but at the same time I know that they aren't the same as the ones you had a few years ago. Zero-kun, I know you can be happy with me."

Finally, after minutes of silence, Zero found the audacity to meet her eyes.

"Wait here!" he said, dashing off. He headed for Cross Academy dormitory, Maria thought curiously.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
In his office, the president presented the new mission to Kaito, the future former ethics teacher. Cross Kaien had no choice but to give the mission to another hunter after Zero's unexpected refusal.

They were in the middle of their discussion when the door suddenly swung open and the well-known vampire hunter entered the room. He was sweating as if he had run to get there. It was for the first time when Cross and Kaito saw him so…so agitated.

For a moment, the worst thoughts crossed their minds. Is Kaname going berserk again? What reason does he have now? But all their worries dissipated when the young hunter opened his mouth to speak.

"The mission…can I take the mission?"

That was surprising. Hours before, the same hunter who stood in front of him had been exclusively against the mission. The hunter was now intrigued. What could have possibly caused the sudden change?

"I wanted to give it to Kaito after your refusal. His presence here is evidence of that. But Zero-kun, why have you changed your mind?"
What should he do? Should he say he's afraid of commitment? The moment Maria proposed to him, the warm blood froze in his system. For minutes, he couldn't speak and when he did, all he had managed to say was wait here and then he had run away like a coward.

Leaving Maria alone in the glade, he knew he wouldn't turn around, at least for a few weeks or months, enough time for him to think about his life and where he wanted it to be in the end. But Zero hadn't run away because he was confused.

He had run away because he was afraid.

The idea of saying that he ran away because of a fragile vampire to these two hunters scared the hell out of him and was out of the question. He had a reputation to maintain. If they knew they would laugh at him.

"It doesn't matter why. I want to carry out this mission. It doesn't cause any harm to change the air for few weeks."

"Ok, if you want to go in that mission I have nothing against you going. This way, I won't have trouble searching for a new ethics teacher."

At least Zero had no problems in reclaiming a mission that he had refused before. Things were going better than he thought it would.

"When should I go? I can go now. I don't even need luggage. The good thing about this mission is I won't be around the students anymore. A break from this school is highly welcomed."

The megane hunter looked at Zero. It really was suspicious.
"A plane to London leaves in two hours. If you leave now you can still catch it." The young hunter didn't wait for any more info; he left with no more words, leaving behind the yellow envelope that contained his mission details. He had no worries. If he had to, he would call.

"This vampire is hard to catch." Were the last words Zero heard from Cross Kaien.

Alone in the office, the two hunters looked at each other. It was for the first time when they saw Zero so eager for a mission, and it was an abroad mission. Of course they knew about Zero and Maria and this is the reason they were surprised. Wouldn't he be sad if he didn't get the chance to see his frail vampire companion?

After mere minutes of thinking, Kaito remembered an important detail about Zero's mission.

"Shouldn't we have told him?" he asked, removing his eyes from the envelope.
"No. Let him be surprised."
The moment the sound of her footsteps was heard on the cement, thousands of eyes turned around to see her. Since the moment she came into this school, each morning was the same: males and females watching her. Every eye darting her way.

This morning, the red-haired woman was wearing black leather clothes, which exposed the curves of her body and matched wither tight, black leather boots. Every male drooled when her body was exposed to their view in such a manner. All they wanted to do was to remove, piece by piece, the constricting clothing from her pale skin, and later to admire the secrets she hid underneath.

She was hard to get. She allured men with her deep green eyes and style of clothing, but at the same time, she rejected their advances.
From time to time, when she thought she had found a man worthy of her attention, she rewarded him with responsiveness until he didn't have a will of his own. Since she reached the age of her teens, she had discovered her passion to turn men in her loyal slaves.

"Miss Anya, would you like to go out to dinner with me tonight?" a twenty year old student asked her. "After that we can do something more…pleasant."

After thousands of years she still wasn't bored of her playful game. She traveled in different countries, hiding her identity, searching for a man who wouldn't bore her so quickly, as the others did.

She had been a student of St. Elisabeth's College for a little over three months, and yet, a certain man who perked her interests hadn't revealed himself to her yet.

Anya looked at this new face. Each day was the same: different men, different days, and the same request. They wanted her to go to dinner with them and later, to end up in their beds. They had no shame in requesting sexual pleasure. Manners were unknown and uncharted words for men.

But unfortunately for them, Anya presented no interest in beings like them. She never liked her prey to offer themselves so easily to her. They didn't fit her criteria, for a worthy male had to make her heart to beat faster.

"Sorry, but someone like you will never date someone like me. Going on a single date with you even for a fraction of a day is disgraceful for me. I hope you understand and you won't hate me for it."

She had insulted the man, but yet he couldn't say the hateful words that his mind had prepared in reply. His mind was screaming with hate for the woman who had just humiliated him, but still the words couldn't come to the surface. Against his will, he had no choice other than to obey under those green eyes, under this woman's will.

"I will never hate you, Miss Anya." He whispered. "You can do whatever you want with me. I am yours forever." He had no wish to utter those last words, but her will was too strong to say otherwise.

"I am glad." She replied, before she turned on her heel, heading to her first period class, her loyal servant, Walter, following close behind her.

Author note: Am observat ca in acest forum semnul intrebarii imi este inlocuit cu onion. Sincer este cam enervant. Daca un moderator citeste ceea ce am scris poate este amabil sa imi explice de ce.
[Imagine: 486312-1.jpg]

Disclaimer: I do not own Vampire Knight or its characters.

Chapter II

He never witnessed such a heavy rain in his 20 years of life. He had been in town when it had started to rain. Afraid for his lover's life he ran home, something telling him that he had to return there as quickly as possible.

He witnessed trees being put down by the strong winds. Those fallen trees were in his way to reach his lover's home. The sky was lightened by red flames, a sign that the lightning had hit something on its journey to the ground. Even though the source of the fire could have been miles away, he could smell the odor of thick smoke. He could hear the sound of people screaming.

Normally, he would have left to help the poor people who were being punished by Heaven, but his inner voice kept him running away, to his and his lover's home, where she resided, waiting.

The door's entrance was blocked by a huge tree, another victim of nature's rage. He had no chance to remove the obstacle from the doorway; he had no force to complete such a task. He had no choice other than finding another way to enter into his own home.

He broke the kitchen window and finally found his way into the house. Other than the sound of rain on the roof, it was eerily silent. His lover was nowhere to be found. He instantly became worried. When he left from his home, nearly six hours before, she had announced to him that she was going to stay home all day and do chores around the house. The signs of her half-completed work were visible, but she was nowhere in sight.

He used the same window as his exit and headed to the stable. When he was closer to his target he heard the nervous sounds of his horses. Not only humans were scared by this hateful weather, animals were, too.

But he didn't reach the stable. His ears received a faint sound… a cry. Following the sound, he inched himself further from the stable's entrance. Step by step the faint cry became more audible and soon he recognized it.

It wasn't a pleasant sound; it was a painful cry. Walter hurried to the source and what he found petrified him. His lover, the woman he had vowed to protect, had her chest pierced by a small tree branch. Her blood puddled on the wet ground.

He knelt at her side, not knowing what to do. She was already at the edge of her life. If she remained like this any longer, she would certainly die. If he tried to take out the tree branch, she would die due to blood loss. No matter what his options were, it appeared that nothing was on his side.

After mere seconds of thinking, he decided to cut a part of the branch and take her to the hospital. His biggest problem was how they would get at the hospital in such weather. The roads were blocked. To use the car was out of question, but walking on foot was out of question as well.

In the end, he decided to use a horse from the stable. It was an unconventional way of transport, but it was his only remaining option. After he prepared the horse, Walter took Rose and hurried to the nearest hospital.

It wasn't fast like the car, but at least he could arrive faster than if he had gone on foot. On his way to the hospital, through the sounds of thunder and horse steps, he could hear her small cries as the horse's muscles rippled as it ran. Fortunately for him though, Rose fought for her life, not letting go for a split second. She held onto life because she knew how important it was, not only to her, but him as well.

When he entered inside the small hospital with Rose in his arms he saw dozens of wounded people. He asked for help, but except for a beautiful red-haired woman, no one came to him. The rest of the doctors had their hands full.

The town where he lived is small, no more than 10,000 people. He thought he knew them all, but the presence of this woman was new for him. He wasn't in the situation to think on the newest doctor to the hospital; Rose's life was his top priority.

"Follow me." The new doctor said using a soft, calm voice. Walter followed her into a hospital room. There, he gently placed Rose on the bed and watched the doctor examine her.

"It's a miracle she survived until now. Her wounds are serious. One of her lungs is seriously damaged. It wasn't punctured, otherwise she would have choked on her own blood. But… she does have some internal bleeding. I am sorry, sir, but medically speaking, I can do nothing for her. She will die in less than an hour."

The doctor's words were like a piano falling on his head. He and Rose were childhood friends. Rose had always had a crush on him. The crush a 10 year old girl had on a 15 year old boy. Since she was little, she always told everyone she was going to marry Walter when she will grew up… and Walter had always replied, yes you will.

When he had said those words back then, he had never meant them. His reply was just to not crush the hopes of a little girl, but time passed and Rose grew into a beautiful young lady. And before he realized it realize, he had fallen head over heels for her, and had asked the 15 year old girl to marry him.

When he realized that his heart was taken by Rose, he vowed he would live by her side till the death separated them. But he never imagined that Death would take her so soon. He thought they would have lots of children, and grandchildren.

He even saw himself as an old man with white hair, with his face crossed with wrinkles, having on his side an old woman. He saw them walking through the park while holding hands during their peaceful old age.

The future he imagined was bright, filled only with happiness. But life disagreed with him. Life wasn't fair. His chosen one was going to embrace death soon, and nothing they hoped for in their joyful future together was going to come to pass.

It was funny for the doctor to see his expression. Humans' lives can be crushed so easily and at the same time it is possible to give them hope.

"I know a way to save her," the doctor said, after she became bored watching Walter's hopeless expression. Hearing her words, a new seed of hope had been born inside of him.

"You can save her? But you said she will die. What you can do?" Walter did not know what to believe anymore. One moment she told him that Rose was going to die, and the next moment the same woman told him that she could save her. Which was it?

"Yes, I can save her, but…"

"But what?"

"I want something in return."

Walter's mind raced. He would give her anything. Did she want money? How much? He would give her all the money he had.

"I don't have much money on me. I can go to the bank tomorrow. I will give…" With one finger on his lips, the doctor stopped him from talking.

"I don't want money. Money has no value to me. What I want is you."

What did she say? To save my love… I have to leave her and live with this woman?

"You don't have time to reflect on your decision. Your precious Rose will die in few minutes. Knowing you could save her, will you decide to let her die and live a life without her, or will you choose to be mine while your precious Rose lives on without you, maybe even marrying another?"

What could he do? He loved Rose. If he left her, she would suffer anyway. On the other hand, he couldn't live without her. Both of them would live a miserable life.

"To make your decision easier, I promise she won't remember anything about you. She will know nothing about you being her fiancé. I will replace her memories involving you. You will remain just a childhood friend, a friend she lost years ago due to an accident. Tell me, what do you chose? The clock is ticking…"

I want her to live. I want her to be happy even if she will have another man on her side. It's okay if I suffer. I just want her to be able to live her life to the fullest, the way she want to. And if she doesn't remember me… Then she will not suffer as I will. But I can live with my suffering because I know that she will be happy without me…

Watching him, the female doctor noticed she obtained her desired answer.

"I will save her and you will be mine. That's your choice, isn't it?"

Walter didn't have anything left to contemplate. "Yes."

Like she promised, the female doctor removed the piece of branch and started to heal the wounded girl. Walter had never seen something like that. The strange woman didn't use medication or any kind medical instruments. Walter even noticed a dim blue light coming out of her hands.

He witnessed with his own eyes how the wound from Rose's chest started to close and he could even hear her breathing steady out and flow clearer. He would have never believed, not in a million years, in the supernatural, but no matter what this strange woman did he was glad to see that it was working.

A few minutes later, after she started the strange healing process, the woman stopped and connected Rose to the medical equipment.

"Now you can hear her heart beating. I have fulfilled my promise, and it's your turn to keep your side of our bargain." The woman said.

"Can I say goodbye to her?"

"No, you can't. Saying goodbye wasn't included in our verbal contract. Her being alive is enough. Now I will take what is mine. What you have agreed to give me."

The small red-haired woman came closer to him. They were mere inches apart when she bent his head and brought her lips to his neck. She whispered upon his neck, her lips gently caressing against the skin.

"I was always attracted to boys like you. From now on, I will be your master. You will do anything to please me, won't you?"

"Yes." He answered, and felt a sharp pain in his neck. Only then did he realize that the strange woman was a vampire, a mythical creature he never believed existed… and he was her meal. He closed his eyes during her feeding, and when he opened them, a girl named Rose didn't exist for him. All his body and soul screamed loyalty to the red-haired woman standing in front of him.

"Your master's name is…Anya."
The life tricked out of him. Here he was, standing in his room, glaring at his current outfit. When he left Japan, he wanted to get away from responsibility and away from school. Well, he fulfilled the first, but the second…

He had been in England for only two days. In the first, he had taken a rest in his room. The servants didn't dare try to disturb him. Zero did not need words to say this; his deadly glare was threatening enough.

Last night, while he enjoyed his dinner, the big boss of servants had come to him and presented his mission. It was necessary since Zero left in a hurry without the magic yellow envelope. It was his fault. If he would have just opened that stupid damn envelope he would have known…and who knew… maybe he would have even accepted the responsibility part of it…

And he had hoped he wouldn't have to stay in school anymore. When he graduated three months ago he had been relieved. No more traveling between hunters' headquarters and Cross Academy. And now he was standing, glaring at his… school outfit.

He was going to kill Cross. Only that megane man was able to play such a prank on him. From today, Zero was the new student of St. Elisabeth Academy. He was going to be a student in 13 grades. Well, normally, he would have been in 12 grades, but this academy had a special program where students prepare for their university entrance exam.

To Hell with this mission, he thought, annoyed at how he had been payed into such an assignment. He was going to find that nasty vampire quickly, he was going to kill him, and he was going to return home before Cross expected. And on his way back, maybe he would get lucky and find something to delay Maria. The first thing he was going to do after he landed in his country was to put his hands around Cross's neck and strangle the life out of him. Only that eccentric bastard could find an academy with 13 freaking grades.

God, what I did do to deserve this? Is this my punishment for running away from Maria? If it is, it's cruelty in its purest form.

Asking God for mercy wasn't something Zero ever thought he would do. He was a naturally imperturbable guy. No one treated him in any way but the way he wanted to be treated… but this megane man…he had a gift which was beginning to drive Zero crazy…
Slowly, Anya opened the door. For the last 10 years, at the same hour every day, she arrived inside her slave room and watched him sleep. She already knew what he was dreaming. For the last 10 years, Walter had the same dream over and over again. He dreamed about their first encounter, the day when his humanity was lost.

Anya liked to see him writhe in his sleep. It made the taste of her first morning meal seem all the more delicious and enjoyable. She never knew why she liked this, but she enjoyed it every time.

Anya came closer to Walter's bed and sat next to him. She reached out her hand and touched his pale cheek. Feeling the soft and cold texture of her hand, Walter opened his eyes and saw the same image he had woken up to for years: his hungry master.

"Do you still have nightmares?" she asked, while her pale hand caressed his cheek. "That woman is giving you troubles again?" He felt her breath on his skin. He knew what was going to come next. She was going to feast upon his blood.

"You have me. You don't need to dream about her every night." Anya seemed to delay her meal. Even if he dreamed about Rose every night, in the end, when Anya came into his room and closed her mouth on his skin, she made his heart beat faster.

All of him would beg for her fangs to pierce his skin and let her feel his feelings. Today was no exception at all. Anya's fangs grazed his skin, but not enough to pierce it. She wanted to drive him crazy.

"Tell me, Walter. Do you want me to drink your blood? When I watched you sleep, it seemed like I disgusted you, but when I drank your blood it told me that you love me. Which is it, Walter? Do you hate me or love me?"

He knew she was playing with him. No matter what his answer was, she was still going to feast upon his blood. Hatred or love, those feelings brought her joy. Their relationship was master-slave. It was impossible for him to lie to her.

"You know what I feel for you, my lady. Do I really need to use words when my blood speaks for me?"

Anya liked this part of him. Even if he had been her slave for 10 years, and he was forced to be completely submissive to her… he wasn't. Any other slave would have given her the answer I love you, but Walter always answered her with another question.

She had been right when she decided to take him under her wing. With him on her side, she would never be bored.

"Yes, you are right. Your blood has already spoken for you. I just wanted to hear your answer, though." He could felt her slight chuckle on his skin before her fangs sunk into it, and heard the familiar sound of his blood being sucked by his lady.

Walter put his arms around her small frame, closing her tightly to his chest. At the beginning of their relationship he had hesitated, not wanting to touch his lady in this way. It seemed inappropriate, but when he dared for the first time and he wasn't rejected, he repeated it each morning. For him, it seemed to be the only way he could be closer to her.

Through the thin fabric of her nightgown he could feel her hot skin, bringing him into a state of euphoria, and due to that, the taste of his blood changed from good to delicious. The more feelings in his blood… the more delicious the meal.
Here he was, in his new classroom, surrounded by his new classmates. He wanted peace, but could have it. The news of a new student spread like a virus throughout the entire school. When he made his first appearance on the school grounds, dozens of female eyes turned to glance at him and his clearly unparalleled, masculine physique.

For the first time in his life he honestly believed that he was an endangered species at a zoo. For the first time in his life he pitied night class students who were, every day, suffocated by crazy day-class female students.

Zero was assaulted with a lot of questions about his hair and tattoo. Most of them said they should exchange traditional greetings or to come to one party or another. Well, in his mother country a glare was enough to stop crazy girls from circling around him like wasps, but here…no, these girls were immune…or just flat-out blind.

If someone asked him how hell looked like he would have simply answered that this was hell in its purest form. If someone asked him how heaven looked like he would have answered, my hands around that stupid megane man's neck would be his kind of heaven.

At that moment, Zero had just one tiny wish: to find his target, kill it and return home. Who cared about his responsibility? An eternity with Maria was better than an hour surrounded by these insane women.

And when he thought his mental state couldn't have suffered any more, a sweet but familiar scent reached his nostrils. His bad day was beginning to look like a good one. He couldn't have been mistaken. All his senses screamed to go to the scent, his new target. And it wasn't just any target. This scent belonged to a pureblood. He would be happy to end the life of that filthy vampire.

The door opened and the source of the scent came in.

Zero had seen enough purebloods in his short lifetime. All of them had fashion etiquette, and they were polite, more or less, but he never saw a pureblood vampire like the one who entered the classroom.

She was dressed in leather from head to toe. Her skirt was mid-thigh with a huge slit up the right side. Her shirt, if it could have been called such a thing, was too small. It barely covered her midsection. She was also wearing heeled boots.

Once she stepped inside, all male eyes stopped on her, again admiring her small yet revealing frame.

But the small red-haired vampire paid no attention to them and headed to her seat, across from Zero's.

Once she stepped on the school grounds, Anya felt the presence of a new vampire. And while she headed to her classroom, she felt a more intense, ominous aura.

Anya turned her head to Zero and smiled at him.

"Hi, I am Anya Cold. I guess you're the new student." She reached out her hand for a shake. Zero stared at the pale hand and in the end decided to be polite.

"Yes, I am the new student, Kiryu Zero. Nice to meet you."

"The pleasure is mine. I sense we will have a lot of fun. After all, your role here will be to entertain me, hunter-san." Zero was surprised by her statement. He did not mention his role here, but somehow she knew about it. "Your name betrayed you and your killing aura. Your name reached this land, too." Anya chuckled and turned her attention to the teacher who just entered the classroom and started his lesson for the day.

"Cross! You idiot! Don't you know where you've sent me is the living form of hell on Earth? Why didn't you tell about my role as student?" No matter how much Zero wanted to have the reason of his bad mood standing right in front of him, he didn't, so he had no choice other than to rant over the phone.

"Zero-kun, glad to hear you're okay. I couldn't give you details about your mission due to your hurry to leave."

"You idiot. Just remember this: when I return I will kill you."

"Sure you will. Now, can you tell me about your mission?"

"…About that. You told me my target is hard to find. I found her in my first day at school. It wasn't hard at all."

"Zero-kun, I told you she's hard to catch, not hard to find. You were put in that academy to make catching her a bit of an easier task for you. Anya-san is very smart."

"I never told you her name. You already knew who she was?"

"Of course I knew. You would have known, too, if you would have taken the yellow envelope. All the details were in the damn thing."

That damn yellow envelope. I'm going to burn it when I get home.

"Zero-kun, since you already know she's a pureblood vampire, you can't kill her so easily. To do that, you need to find proof of her misbehavior, send your evidence here to be evaluated by the vampire council and hunters, and then you will have permission to handle her in any way you see fit. If you won't respect the protocol you will be accused of murder and we hunters won't be able to save you."

Damn these rules.

And here he thought he was just going to go hunt than damn woman right now and end her life. Sometimes, law was just one big pain in the ass.

"Fine! I will act accordingly with the law and after I find your stupid evidence, I will end the life of that filthy pureblood."

"If you follow the rules, no one will be bothered if you pull the trigger, Zero-kun. While you have your mission, you must be a good student. And don't bring shame to Cross Academy. We pulled a lot of strings to put you inside St. Elisabeth Academy."

"No worries. I'll make sure to do my homework."

"Oh, and Zero-kun… sorry for the weather!" were the last words Zero heard before he hung up the phone.

Daca aveti intrebari referitor la acest fic sunteti liberi sa intrebati.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter III

A new day. The same mission.

For the past few days, Zero followed Anya everywhere and Anya pretended not to notice. It had been amusing at first, but even Anya had her limits.

They had gone into a local coffee shop. Anya enjoyed her coffee while Zero stayed at another table, a place from where he could see any and every move that she made.

After only just a moment of Zero averting his eyes, he turned back to find that she already had vanished from his sight. Seconds later, he found her standing right in front on him. After days of playing catch, Anya decided to make the first step in approaching the ominous hunter.

"Did you order something you like?" Anya asked Zero. She had an innocent aura, but Zero knew better. Behind her innocent words he knew she was mocking him. "The chocolate cake is delicious here." It wasn't enough that she moved her persona to Zero's table, but she came with her order as well.

Well, Anya plan was to finally have a real conversation with her new entertainer. Zero did not answer. Socializing with his next victim wasn't his sort of thing.

But Anya wasn't an ordinary vampire. She didn't know the meaning of giving up. The words just weren't in her vocabulary.

"You know, I know you're following me, hunter-san. If it was a secret, it didn't work. So, why are you following me?" as response she received a deadly glare. Did he really need to tell her?

"Most men stalk me due to my beauty, because they're attracted to me. Are you that kind of man, hunter-san?" that was too much, even for Zero. This filthy pureblood had implied that he was attracted to her. For god's sake, he just wanted to shoot her and return home.

"Don't flatter yourself, Filthy. Mind my words: when I see you make a wrong move, I will kill you. Following you has absolutely nothing to do with your beauty."

This was certainly the kind of conversation she expected to have with hunter-san, her new victim.

"Hunter-san, you're rude. I know from ancient times that hunters' blood boils when a vampire is around, but that's not a reason to have no manners. To call a girl filthy is loathsome. Before a hunter, you're a man and nothing is more disgusting than a man with no respect for women."

Not only was he stuck in a rainy town, but now a filthy creature was giving him manner lessons. The world must have turned upside down.

"Hunter-san, I know you hate vampires, it's all over your face, but I can sense that you're a vampire, too. When you say filthy do you mean only my kind, purebloods or all vampires?

These purebloods and their sharp sense of smell. Of course she would be able to sense his lost humanity. "And my hunters-san, I don't know the reasons why I am watched by the Hunters Association, but trust me, you won't catch me." Anya returned to her chocolate cake while the young hunter gave her a we-will-see look.
After hours of waiting for her favorite hunter and lover to return, a fuming Maria left home. A part of her thought that she was guilty, but the other side, and it was a noisier one, just wanted just to strangle that guilty hunter.

Yeah, she knew they were too young for marriage, but did he really have to ditch her like that? He could have at least said something like he wasn't not ready or their relationship should remain the way it was for a while until he thought he was ready.

But no, he left her alone in that stupid clearing (it had been such a beautiful clearing before that) waiting for hours for a man who had run away. He did not have the courage to say no to her. Oh…he was going to see when she got her hands on him…maybe she was small and fragile, but Zero should have known better: nothing can compare to a woman's rage. He was going to know the feeling on his own skin.

But out of all the time in the world. The first step was to put her tiny hands around his neck to find out where he was. And that's why she was currently in Cross's office.

"It's been a while since I've see you, Maria-chan. since you're here do you want to taste the new rose tea?" As always, Cross Kaien was a perfect host. It was hard for her to keep her rage in check, but the nobility within her helped to maintain her image.

"I would love to."

While Cross prepared the tea, they talked about trivial things, how work was going for Cross or how Maria's parents were doing. Once they sat down to drink the new flavor of the rose tea it was time for their serious talk.

"I think you're feeling alone without Zero around. You've gotten so used to him within the last year…" the man opened the conversation. It was better this way for Maria. She wouldn't look like a mad, fragile vampire.

"It was so sudden. I couldn't say goodbye to him. Because of this I don't even know where he is." she was calm on the surface, but she was boiling inside. If she hadn't received a proper education on manners in the past, she would have demolished the office she was currently in.

"I was surprised. At first he rejected the mission, but few hours later he decided to accept it."

"No kidding!" I was right. He ran away because I proposed to get married. You baka Zero! Wait and see…wait and see when I put my hands on you…

"I thought he rejected it because of you, he didn't want to be separated from you. This is why I don't get why would he changed his mind and go to UK when he was totally against it?" for Cross Kaien, the reasons of his son (and he never gave up calling Zero his son) were a total mystery for him. This boy's logic seemed so complicated sometimes.

The first step of Maria's mission was accomplished. Finally she found out Zero's location. Next she should find out his precise address, UK was very big.

"UK? Why he would be sent there?" Kaien gave her a confidential look, hunters' missions were secrets. "Come on, Cross-san, you can trust in me. In case you forgot, I and Zero have been lovers for a while. My mouth is sealed."

Kaien gave her another pitiful look. "Maria-chan, I can't tell you details about a hunters' mission. It's against the rules." Apparently it was harder than she thought it will be. But she wouldn't give up so easily.

More than a year ago, when she proposed to conquer Zero she hadn't given up until the silver hunter didn't surrender under her pressure, or her charm, as she liked to call it.

"I can't believe you, Cross-san. You know Zero and I are deeply bound, and that bond was created in the last year, but you still deny my right to know where he is. Do you know how painful it is for a woman in love to know nothing about her beloved one? Since he left with no words, I wonder if he's alright, if he's getting enough sleep or eating well. You're a cruel man, Cross-san!"

First tears on Maria's cheeks broke any kind of rule Cross had until then. "Don't cry Maria-chan. I will give you his address from London and his phone number. Today you can call him to say goodnight to him."

Maria took the napkin Cross gave her and removed the trace of her fake tears. "Oh! Thank you Cross-san! Sorry for calling you a cruel man. You're a kind man."

Cross went to his desk, opened the drawer, took a piece of paper and gave it to Maria. With her goal finally accomplished she left Cross behind. She had to prepare the next step of her plan.
Anya was in her room thinking about today's events. Even if she enjoyed talking with hunter-san, a part of her was annoyed. He was rude with a cute girl such as her. And he called himself a man. He should be ashamed for his behavior. Day by day, there were fewer gentlemen in the world.

But he was a vampire hunter, so it was normal for him to hate vampires. Their only goal in life was to hunt and kill their prey. The blood inside him screamed for this. But before even that, he was a man and men should respect women. He was an interesting man, she would give him that. While she was around him, she could sense pureblood blood inside his body. She guessed he was fed by a pureblood.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Walter entering the room.

"My lady, it's time for you to do your homework." He really was a pain in the ass sometimes. Why did he come every day and request an impossible thing.

"Walter, did you remember my answer from yesterday?" Walter nodded. "Good. Then go and do my homework. The day when I will do human's homework hasn't yet come."

Really, was she a grown up woman or a child? Considering her behavior, Walter started to doubt about her woman status. She really was impossible. If she had been five years old, he would have put her on his knees and given her a spank.

"My lady, if you don't like doing homework then why did you join a school as a student. Being a student requires homework to be done. If this displeases you, then quit."

Why can't he keep his mouth shut? I am his master, but he isn't completely tamed. Why you had to be a special being and why I am attracted to that? Don't get me wrong, I am glad that you're special, but sometimes you annoy me. Like now.

Looking at him, Anya noticed his I-want-an-answer look. She sighed.

"Walter, put that aside. I want to talk about something else with you." Walter submitted to her wish and took a seat at the table across from her. "What do you think about the new student, the one who's a vampire hunter?"

Since Zero came into the picture and his lady caught a liking of him, she always avoided talking with Walter about this subject. His lady being always close with that silver man constantly disturbed him; he always sensed she was in danger. It never ceased to bother him.

"I don't like him, my lady. For your sake it would be better if you avoided him." He was firm in his answer, but why did he have the feeling that his opinion didn't matter? Oh yeah, because she always did what she wanted and when things got worse, he was the one who had to clean up the mess.

"I like him. The first time I saw him, I knew he was an interesting man. You know he has pureblood blood inside his system? I guess he was the pet of a pureblood. If he was a pet before, then why won't he be mine, too? But he will be a violent pet, like a pit bull." A faint smile showed on her rosy lips. "I would love to have him under my will." She stretched her arms. "I was bored in school until now. My school life will be a bit more interesting now."

He knew what she planned. She would start to slowly charm him. Before being a pureblood she was a woman, and a beautiful one at that. Maybe he was a hunter and hated vampires, but he's a man nonetheless. When she wanted something from him, he would have no choice but to oblige.

"My lady, I don't doubt your abilities to seduce men, but the game you play is a dangerous one. My lady, if the game becomes dangerous, please give up! I don't want to lose you, my lady."

"Don't worry Walter. My life won't be in danger. The hunter-san will become my hunter-san."

No matter what she said, he planned to stay close and stop the man if he made an attempt at his lady's life.
His days just seemed to go from worse to worse. He followed her for hours, hoping she would make a slight mistake, enough for him to get a mandate to finish her off. But not that he was wasting his time, she did nothing to get his attention, aside from the fact that she wasted her time shopping and eating. They were bound to each other: she wasted her time, a.k.a. he wasted his time.

And today was a new day for his mission. His target walked on academy halls in the same extravagant outfit. She really was different from other purebloods. When he followed her, he noticed that her butler was nowhere in sight. It was a first cause he was always at her side and giving Zero deadly glares when he thought Zero stared too much at his lady.

Zero following Anya was in her plan. It would have been futile if he would have kept his routine. Suddenly, she increased the rhythm of her steps. Zero tried to catch up with her, but he lost her. Knowing she must be somewhere in the academy, Zero followed his senses to find her.

Everything went how she planned. With sure big steps Zero headed for her trap. Zero arrived into a place with a lot of doors, but what was worse was that he felt her scent coming from each of them. If luck was on his side, he would get into the right room from his first attempt.

Luck wasn't on his side. He checked five rooms and Anya was nowhere. What was worse was he had another five doors to check. He was at the seventh door when he noticed a dark silhouette in the corner of the room.

"Finally! I thought I was going to die of boredom waiting for you." Zero took out his bloody rose from his jacket pocket and pointed to her.

"Then you should have died. You would have spared my bullets." His reply was cold, how she expected it to be.

"You should calm down, hunter-san. I have done nothing to deserve your cold treatment. Can you put that aside? I won't eat you, not literally anyway."

"What games are you playing, Filth?" his gun was still pointed towards her. The aura inside became darker, sign of Anya being pissed. He really had no manners at all.

"Still rude, aren't we?" Anya rose up from her chair and headed towards, Zero not caring about the deadly weapon pointed at her persona. "It's a shame for a student of this academy to use such harsh words to a lady. I guess hunters aren't taught to speak nicely to women. You know, that language where you don't insult them."

Anya was standing right in front of him. She lifted her right hand and touched Zero's arms, trying to put aside his weapon. "You won't use this weapon because you won't have a reason to."

"Are you testing your luck?"

"Even if I left Japan, where most of the vampires are gathered, that doesn't mean I am a fool. I am aware of our laws and hunters' laws. You can't kill me without a reason. You need a damn good excuse to do so."

"Are you willing to make a bet on it, Filth?"

"Oh, hunter-san, you wanted to kill me the first moment you saw me, but you didn't, so I can conclude you don't have the right to do so. You're following me to get that good damn reason. It must be really hard on you to not be able to kill me while you're wishing for it so badly."

She was right, of course. He couldn't kill her. The law stopped him from giving her the final blow right there and now. She did nothing obvious to put her on a hunting list. But she was put under surveillance, so then it means she's not a nice vampire. Sooner or later he was going to be the one who ended her life.

"You're right. I can't give you the final blow according to the law. But my patience has a limit. One day I will wake up and I will shoot you, enough for you not to die. My finger will have slipped. I think it will be quite the accident."

Anya didn't listen in on his warning. Instead, the palms of her hands found their way to his coat. Lightly she pressed them on his covered chest.

"What are you doing? Don't touch me with your filthy hands!" He was surprised by her actions. Never in his life did his prey approach him and became so…intimate with him. Something must be wrong with this woman.

Gently, she pushed him into the wall behind him while her hands never left his body. "You're interesting, hunter-san. I like people like you." she said with a low, sweet voice. "You know, we purebloods live forever and we get bored pretty quickly. To kill time, some of us play dangerous games, like Sara-san did. Some try to find innocence, but entertainment is just a way to pass time. Some live many different lives in different cities, how I like to do it."

Her pale fingers undid the buttons of his coat. Zero was stunned by her actions. His thoughts raced. What the…is she trying to seduce me? Her clever fingers didn't stop at his coat, but started to work at his shirt buttons, too. With each button undone, more skin was revealed to her sight.

Her gentle, pale fingers touched the bare skin revealed. Too shocked by her actions, the silver-haired hunter didn't move an inch, leaving his bare chest to be caressed by playful fingers. Involuntarily, his lips late escape a sound which shouldn't have been there, and fortunately for him, it was the trigger which awoke him from his slumber.

"What do you think you're doing?" he asked while he smacked her hands away from his body and wanted to point his gun at her. Unfortunately for him, it wasn't in his hands anymore, instead it was somewhere on the floor. Inside his head Zero cursed his inability to react. He felt disgust for the being in front of him, but he was under her spell when she made her surprising move towards him. She really was a damn strange pureblood.

"Why do you react this way, hunter-san?" Through her voice Zero could feel she was offended by the way he treated her precious hands. "I already told I found you interesting."

If before he had no idea about her definition of interesting before, now he felt it on his own skin, a little, but enough for him to grasp the meaning.

"You want me as a man? Are you nuts? I am here to kill you, not be your prey, Filth." Anya sighed. No matter how many manners lesson she tried to teach him, this silver-haired hunter was deaf to her lessons.

"I won't eat you hunter-san, not literally anyway. I like you, and mark my words: one day you will be mine. You will crave for my touch and will come to me willingly." For a moment a chill crossed his spine. In his 20 years, he had met many of her kind and he knew just how stubborn they could be. His days were going to be more animated. That was for sure.

Zero cursed the moment when he decided to take this mission.

Chapter IV

The scenery changed. Zero wasn't in rainy UK anymore. He was home in his mother country taking a nap under his favorite tree at Cross Academy. He had wished to be here and luck had apparently been on his side.

His vampire senses became alert when the sound of steps came closer and closer to him. He opened his eyes and was ready to jump and take out his gun. He gave up at the last two options when above him, ogling him with gentle eyes, was his fragile vampire, Maria.

"Zero-kun, I missed you!" she chirped and jumped into his welcoming arms. "You left with no words. I was mad at you at first, but when I saw you my anger faded away and I wanted just to hug you and kiss you." Her soft lips crushed upon his.

Their kiss was chaste at first but heated a few moments later. It had been just few days, but he had missed her dearly. His tongue licked her bottom lip. She gasped and Zero took the opportunity to taste each corner of her sweet cavern. Maria didn't waste her chance to respond the same. Their tongues engaged into an erotic dance, never wishing to separate again.

Minutes later, they parted to take a gulp of air and then joined in the same dance once more. Their eager mouths swallowed theirs sounds and their hands explored their partner's body. Each of his touches and caresses upon her covered flesh made her whimper in pleasure.

They switched positions, with him above the fragile vampire. His lips left her mouth and moved to the flesh of her neck. His tongue trailed wet traces on her neck while his hands traveled on her body, removing her cloths item by item.

Her skin was soft under his touch. His hands kneaded the flesh. Whimpers filled his ears, her sounds getting him drunk. Her eyes were hazy, her lips were swollen and red from his ministrations, her nude body beneath him screamed for attention.

Her small hands roamed over his chest, up and down. Who would have thought that a vampire female with hands so small could cause so much pleasure to him? Zero crushed his mouth upon hers once again. Their kiss was hungry, demanding.

Faster than sound, Zero removed his clothes. His naked skin touched hers and a hot sensation went through their bodies. His big hands parted her legs enough for him to settle between them.

His lips and tongue travelled on her neck and further over her chest, kissing and licking the skin underneath. She arched her back, moaned at his ministrations and wanted more. Zero's right hand stopped to knead one of her breasts and his mouth closed over the other one, while his left one caressed her inner thigh coming closer to her female spot.

They switched positions. Usually Maria was shy - she always stayed at his mercy, but not now. Now she wanted to be on top. She wanted to have control over his body.

Her kissable lips kissed his neck and moved lower on his chest. She swirled her pink tongue over his left nipple and he groaned when her vampire fangs brushed over it.

"My hunter-san," he heard her say and he snapped his eyes open. The voice he just heard was unknown to him - it didn't belong to his fragile lover. Suddenly he found himself under the mercy of that red-haired pureblood.

He was shocked. He couldn't move, but he could speak. "What are you doing here?" a sneaky smile came from her and her hands traveled over his bare chest. "You called me. Finally, my hunter-san is aware of his feelings for me."

What feelings? He didn't remember having something like this for her, except repulsion and other feelings from the same category. And where had Maria gone? Seconds ago she was under his mercy, his hands discovering her body.

"Don't talk rubbish. I will never want you and me in this kind of…situation. Ever." Anya moved her hands from his pectorals to his abs and lower to the band of his pants. His brain said no, but his body was a whole other story.

"You can't lie to yourself, my hunter-san. You can scream no, but when my hands caress you, you can't help yourself not to whimper…you can say no, but the truth is that you want me." She grinned and started to kiss his bare chest again. Her hands unzipped his pants…
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
His eyes snapped open, for real this time. He found himself in his room. Thank God it was just a dream. His breath was heavy, his body was covered in sweat and the damn room was too hot.

He lifted his body off the bed, headed to the closet, pulled a pair of pants and a shirt over his head to lay against his sweated body and left to wander into the cold night. He needed it.

Once, he had been in love with that Kuran princess, but no matter how big his love was, he had never dreamed something like…like what had happened moments ago. It was a first. While he wandered in the cold night, he thought about today's events.

He had followed her with the hope in his mind that today she would make a small mistake and he would catch her in the act. He felt like a cat who wanted to catch the mouse. But in this particular situation, he was the mouse, and she was the cat.

In a matter of moments, he was trapped in her web. But he never expected to be seen by his prey-to-be as a sexual trophy. It was the first time when a female vampire approached him and revealed her shameful intentions to him.

His target, Anya Cold wasn't too different from other pureblood, except her fashion style, but she had the same arrogance in her voice and her movements. His past experiences taught him that purebloods wanted to get everything they desired. And also that they knew how.

Zero stopped and froze. This woman wanted him as a lover or a sex toy. From today on, he had to be very careful if he didn't want to sign his name on her list of conquests.

Damn this woman. This mission was supposed to be a fast one and obviously without so many problems. Who would have thought she could be such a problematic…target. Since when did vampires have a sexual attraction towards their executioner?

He walked for at least one hour when his thoughts were interrupted by a loud scream. It was weaker, but he could sense the presence of a vampire and the smell of blood forced him to hurry towards to sound. When he got there, he saw a woman who was clearly trying to protect herself with a rod. She was clumsy in her movements, but at least she could protect her physical integrity until someone could come and lend some assistance to help her.

The other vampire sensed the presence of an intruder and turned around to face the vampire who dared to interrupt him from his nightly hunt. His face turned pale when he saw the gun in the intruder's hands. The vampire back away from his prey and managed to leave before Zero could pull the trigger.

Zero wanted to follow him, but he changed his mind when the small woman fell to the ground, unconscious. He noticed a deep wound on her right leg which required immediate medical assistance. He took the small girl into his arms and headed for his temporary home to take care of her wounds.

Why did he take the girl to his home? He could have taken her to the nearest hospital and doctors could have taken care of her wounded leg; but no, he decided to take her to his provisional household and take care of her there.

With her in his home, it would have been easier for him to find out some information about the vampire who attacked her. With her in a hospital, it would have been more difficult, not to mention what would happen if she told to the doctors about the monster with fangs which attacked her in her fright or hysteria. She would have been sent to a mental institution and he wouldn't have been able to go near her and know the precious information that he wanted.

It was around noon when the house's servant informed him about the young lady.

"Kiryu-san, she just woke up. A maid is with her and is changing her bandage. The guest asked where she was and asked us if we were partners with the monster which attacked her. I simply said no."

All Zero did was to listen to the servant. He showed repulsion when that stranger associated them with that filth of a vampire.

"She's remembering you and she requested your presence. She has very good lungs, Kiryu-san. She won't stop yelling her request until her wish is granted."

Well, he wanted to give her some time to rest, but if she wished for his presence then he would grant her wish. This way he would be able to find out precious information more quickly than if he waited until she was back to her top physical condition, and the guest would leave his "temporary" house sooner.

When he opened the door…

"Thank God! I've been talking to myself for thirty minutes and no one bothered to come. My last visitor was the maid who changed my bandage. I asked her where I am and all she could say is that I am safe and no one can harm me anymore. Sorry if I don't completely buy that. I tend to be cautious with strangers, especially the strange ones."

Can this woman shut up? I am not surprised that she was left alone with her big mouth…

Zero decided to sit on a chair beside her bed. "You're safe. I brought you here to take care of your wounded leg. You should say thank you instead of complaining."

The blonde haired woman bent her head. She knew she should be grateful for the help she got, but that cursed mouth of hers…

"Don't misunderstand. I am grateful that you saved me last night and took care of my wound, but why didn't you take me to the hospital instead? Wouldn't that have been better for my health?"

Zero sighed. "That would have been a good idea if your wound hadn't been inflicted by a vampire. With you here I can easily talk about that subject and I can be assured that you won't talk to others about last night's events."

"Why shouldn't I talk with others and warn them about their existence? They hunt people like me. People should know about their existence and take counter measures."

And this is the reason why not all humans know about their existence… they would cause more problems. He would have never thought he would say what he was about to say, but he had no choice.

"Listen, most of the people don't know about the presence of vampires in our world, but there are others who know. Like humans, vampires have their laws and must respect them; if not they will suffer the consequences. The vampires who break the law are put on the hunt list."

"Hunt list?"

"Yes, a hunt list. When a vampire escapes from the vampire council's eyes, he or she is put on the hunting list and we, the hunters, are assigned to kill them."

"You're talking like only a select few of them are attacking humans, but aren't all vampires greedy for blood? Aren't they all the same? You, the hunters, should hunt them all down, not just some who break the law."

It would have been difficult for Zero to reason with this stubborn woman. All she thought was that all vampires should die.

"Not all vampires are like this. Some of them are kind and try to co-exist with humans. Those vampires don't see humans as food. Moreover, there are some who fight to protect humans from their own kind."

She was really mad know. This man started to preach to her about vampires and their ways of living when she knew very well all about them. She did not meet them just once, after all. She had met one before and that one had caused her the biggest pain of her life. It had ruined her.

"Maybe I would believe you if I didn't know that they liked to take whatever they want no matter who they hurt."

Zero was beginning to become tired of their current conversation. He didn't want to talk about all vampires; he was interested in one specific vampire: the one from last night.

"Miss…"

"Rose, my name is Rose."

"Miss Rose, would you be kind enough to tell me what happened last night? I want to know everything. A vampire is misbehaving and is seeking humans as a meal. My job as a hunter is screaming at me to turn him to dust."

Rose made herself more comfortable and started to chat.

"Well, I arrived last night in town and because it was late I tried to find a hotel where I should stay during my travels. I booked a room at the hotel and I went down to take a late dinner. If I don't eat before bedtime I won't be able to get much sleep."

Zero wasn't interested in all the details about last night, but he did not want to interrupt her. "While I enjoyed my dinner I heard some young men talking about a red-haired beauty who studies at a nearby academy. I asked them about that girl and they were kind enough to lend me her address. I was so excited that I couldn't control myself not to go there."

The only nearby academy was St. Elisabeth and the only red-haired beauty, according to the male students was his prey-to-be. Did she want to see that arrogant pureblood? But she said that she hated vampires. It didn't make sense.

"On my way there I was approached by a man and he asked me if I was lost. I said no, but he insisted on accompanying me until I reached my destination. Suddenly I was attacked by that man. Honestly, I don't know how I escaped from his hands and found a rod to use to protect myself. I did not feel it when he inflicted that wound on my leg. And while I tried desperately to protect myself, you came up and that vampire ran away. And then I woke up here. That's all I know."

If he would have known that this woman would provide nothing useful he would have taken her to the hospital to begin with, and let her rant about vampires before she was taken to a mental institution. Her being into a mental institution doesn't sound like such a bad idea now that he thought about it.

"Thank you," he replied, and went out the door. He was just going to have to use his sharp senses to track down and kill that vampire.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday, he had skipped school due to his guest's presence, but today he was ready to return and continue with his mission. What happened at their last encounter wasn't going to happen again. At least, that was what he was hoping for.

He arrived at school earlier than usual. He wanted to search on the school grounds for any vampires who could treat the human lives. When he didn't find any, he returned to class and waited for his prey-to-be's arrival.

Anya hated to come late to school, but no matter how early she woke up, her morning rituals always took time and she was always late. If she was instead a human, she would have rushed inside the classroom in a hurry and yelled "safe". But she wasn't, so she entered with a smug expression on her face and paid attention to no one, not even to the teacher who was already in the classroom. She had a reputation to maintain, so, acting was a necessity.

The first person she saw in the classroom was her hunter-san. Yesterday, she hadn't seen him and she had been a little disappointed. Yesterday, she wanted to see how he was going to act around her after her previous conquering actions toward him. Her pleasure was delayed by a day and now she was going to test him.

When she looked at him, she was surprised to see his shocked expression, nothing from what she did two days ago should have been make him react like that. She was intrigued.

When Zero saw her slim body make its way in the classroom his mind was flooded with…that dream. The memory of that dream was still vivid in his mind. His mind could reproduce each inch of her curves and he was too shocked he could actually think like this about his prey-to-be. He gave himself a mental kick and turned his eyes away from her, at least during class time.

When lunch time came, Anya rose up from her seat and left. Zero's luck took an abrupt end, and he was forced to follow her and pray for her to not behave like she had only two days ago. But was luck on his side? No, it wasn't.

Anya entered an empty room, waiting for her hunter-san. Having no choice, Zero entered the room, as well.

"You're predictable, hunter-san. I knew you would follow me, despite my earlier actions. I am glad you act this way. If you didn't, then this would be boring." She couldn't stop herself from not revealing a vixen's smile. Only from that simple gesture, Zero knew that the woman in front of him had no intention of giving up on her twisted ideas.

"I must admit that you're different than other purebloods I've met during my life, but that doesn't mean you're not an arrogant one. And what happened last time won't happen again. I am strong enough to withstand your so-called charm." He wanted to sound confident on the surface, but on the inside…he wasn't as confident that he could resist her forever. The only way out was for her to leave, permanently.

Anya chuckled at his statement. She decided to test his will. How much could he resist her if she acted the same as she had two days ago? She approached him again and the same as in the past, she put her small hands on his chest and moved them up and down.

He wanted to pull away, but she stopped his movements. There was no way he was going to evade from her web. Her hands curled around his neck and she drew his head down, closer to hers. Their mouths were inches apart. Only a little closer and they would kiss. Zero froze at the thought.

"The moment I saw you, I knew I needed to have you, hunter-san. You will bring color to my life. From now on you will be my hunter-san."

He could feel her hot breath upon his lips while she was talking. When she finished talking the distance between them diminished and their lips touched. At first he was too petrified to answer, but later, after her soft lips touched his more, his male instincts took hold of his will and responded to the kiss.

The kiss would have turned in something more if they hadn't heard the bell ring for class. Zero was the first to leave the room, leaving behind an extremely pleased pureblood.

Chapter V

Things had been going well for Maria over the past few days. She found out where her dead-to-be boyfriend was and she had planned to fulfill her wish to make him suffer big time. But before that, she had a courtesy visit to attend.

Ever since the pureblood princess created the night class, Maria had become a close friend of hers. So, before leaving for rainy England, she decided to pay a visit to her to say goodbye. And this was the reason why she's sitting in Kuran's mansion's living room, waiting for her friend to bring the tea.

"Sorry to take so long, Maria-san."

"It's okay. But in your condition it would have been better if I would have helped you."

"Don't be silly, Maria-san. You're my guest, and besides, I am pregnant, not ill, and I am able to make tea and carry the tray here. But don't tell Kaname that I carried the tray. He's obsessed with me not carrying anything heavy." A small smile formed on her lips.

Since Kaname had returned to her side, she had decided to never let go of him. She remained glued to his side and when they had to separate for few hours, tears formed in her eyes and she posed the question "You won't leave me, will you?" And seeing her drowning into a sea of tears, he always had to come back earlier.

A five-hour job would take only two hours. He hurried back to his crying wife and now, his lovely wife had been pregnant for about six months. And ever since she became pregnant, he never left their home. He worked his council jobs from home.

"How's your married life?" Maria asked when Yuuki finally sat on the chair in front of her.

A fine trace of pink formed on Yuuki's cheeks. "Mhm…I guess that means it's pretty good?"

"Kaname is a wonderful husband. And since I became pregnant, he's never left me alone, except the moments when I have visitors such as yourself and we want to chat as girls."

"He's home?"

"Yes, he's in his study. He has some issues regarding the vampire council to solve. He took advantage of your visit to let us chat so he could solve those problems. Did you want to say hello to him? I can call him if you want."

"It's okay, that's not necessary. I saw him last time when I stopped by. Besides, I don't want to disturb him if he's working. I came to talk with my best friend, woman to woman."

"Mm…do you want to talk about Zero?"

She knew everything about her. The question didn't come as a surprise since they talked a lot about their men when they were alone. Maria listened to Yuuki talking with such adoration about Kaname that she wondered if she would have the same feelings for Zero. It didn't take long until Maria started to talk with passion about Zero.

But that was in the past. The only passion she could talk now would be her desire to kill Zero. Should she talk about this?

"Yuuki-chan, I am lonely! Zero-kun is on mission in some place far away from Japan. What's worse is that I don't know how long his mission will be."

"Oh…I am so sorry Maria-san. When Kaname is away from me, I feel lonely too, but I'm always able to survive because I know he will return to me. If I didn't have his love, I know that I wouldn't have survived. His love saved me. I understand perfectly how you feel. You're probably just so worried about him."

"Not really."

"Huh?"

"Don't get me wrong, Yuuki-chan! My situation is different from yours. When Kaname was away from you, you did not know where he was or what he was doing. I know where Zero is, and Chairman Cross assured me that Zero-kun is okay. It's just that have been so many days without him, and I miss him. Ever since we became a couple, we were never separated for this long."

"Since you know where he is, then why don't you go after him?"

Maria knew Yuuki would understand her. They're women's after all.

"You think is a good idea, to go after Zero-kun?" she acted so well, that Yuuki thought that her words were like a revelation to Maria. Little did she know that Maria was a good actress and she had hidden her actual intentions.

"Of course is okay for you to go after him. You love each other and nothing should stay in the way of your love. Not even his mission in another country."

"But Yuuki-chan, what if I'm only disturbing him? He never mixed his job with his personal life. I don't think he will be pleased with me. I think he might be upset if I went after him."

"Nonsense. You're in love with him and he has deep feelings for you, too. It's normal for a couple in love to be together. Zero is a strong hunter and you being there won't jeopardize his mission. Beside, you will be safe too. So, prepare your luggage and go after him. I am sure he misses you, too."

"You think he misses me?"

"Of course he misses you. You spent more than a year with him, and in that time you two developed a strong bond."

"Thank you Yuuki-chan! I knew that if I spoke with you, I would feel better and find a solution to my problem." Yuuki smiled kindly to her female friend. "Before I leave, can I see your baby's room?"

"Of course you can." And both of them went upstairs.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rose had taken advantage of Zero's walk into town, and she went to visit the person she intended to see a few nights before. It was time for her to see the person who changed her entire life. She left early in the morning, and on her way to Anya's house, she thought about ways to confront her.

Rose was aware of their situation. She was a mere human being, while her enemy was a pureblood vampire. Yes, she knew perfectly well about Anya's true nature. It took her ten years to find her and soon they were going to meet.

Anya took her morning meal, and afterward, sent Walter into town to buy her some chocolate. From some unknown reason, she desired it. Soon after Walter's departure, she sensed a familiar presence. Even if it had been years since she had felt it, it wasn't a presence she could ever truly forget.

The doorbell rang, and Anya went to open the door, even if it was something as disgraceful as picking up the trash for her. But she couldn't risk anyone else seeing Rose.

The moment the door cracked open both females were put face to face.

Rose had changed since the last time Anya saw her. At their first meeting, Rose had been a fifteen year old girl, her face features had held a childish look, as well her body. Now, after ten years her body had womanly curves and she looked like the woman she had clearly become.

For Rose, Anya was the same as she was ten years ago. The passing years did not affect her at all. It came as no surprise since she was a blood-sucking monster. For a moment she wondered if drinking the blood of humans helped Anya maintain her youth. Anything was possible in Rose's point of view.

The moment Rose saw Anya, she recalled memories about their first meeting.

There had been a heavy storm that day. In the morning it had been a pleasant day, but around noon clouds had gathered in the sky and hours later a heavy rain started to pour. Lighting had struck people's houses and fires had erupted out of nowhere.

She had been inside, locking all the windows when she heard the animals from the stable. For her entire childhood, she had lived around horses and by the sounds they made, she knew that something had not been right.

She shut the windows and rushed to the stable in a hurry.

The animals had been agitated; they were disturbed by something, but Rose had put their mood about the weather aside. She started to count the horses, and while she did so she noticed one of them had been missing.

She had gone outside in that heavy storm and she had looked around. Eventually, she had seen the missing horse near the trees, entangled in tree branches. She had hurried to the place where the horse was when a strange sound took her by surprise. She had no time to react and she had found herself with a small tree branch piercing her chest. Blood flooded from her wound, and she had collapsed on the wet ground.

Her sight and her breathing had been hazy. She had no experience in medicine, but judging from her stab wound, she had suspected that one of her lungs had been punctured.

She remembered fighting for air. With a hoarse voice, she tried to yell for help. And when she thought that all her effort were futile, she had heard approaching steps. A soft smile escaped her lips, as she knew those steps could only belong to her husband-to-be. Only he would come here at a time like this; he was worried for her safety.

But she had been wrong. Those steps did not belong to her beloved one, but to a woman, a woman with a hood.

With her hazy eyes, she could she had seen the person standing beside her. That woman was so beautiful that she knew it would have been impossible for someone like her to pass unnoticed by a man or a woman.

"Are you dying little one? Do you want my help?"

Rose lift up her hand, a way to ask for help since her voice had failed her at that moment.

"I guess you're in need of help, but I never do things for free. If you want to live, you must give me your man."

She remembered wondering if she had heard the question correctly? The strange, beautiful woman would save her if she agreed to give up Walter. "Never, never! I prefer to die than let him go! Did you do this to me?" she yelled, but her words were lifeless. Suddenly, sleep surrounded her and she fell unconscious.

When she had woken up, she had found herself being lifted off the floor by Walter. She wanted to talk to him, but her words were stuck into her throat.

A few minutes later she fall unconscious again and when she woke up she was in a hospital room, alone. She did not know why at that moment but she felt as though someone was missing.

"Welcome to my house, Rose." Anya was the first one who spoke, bringing Rose to reality. She thought if she hadn't done so, they wouldn't have started a conversation within the hour, and they wouldn't reach the goal of their conversation either. So she had to break the ice.

"Whatever" she replied and invited herself into Anya's house.

For ten years, Rose had searched for the monster that had changed her life, and now she was sitting face to face with that monster in her living room. Fate was really a strange fortune.

"You know why I am here, don't you?" Rose did not want to beat around the bush, she went straight to the subject.

"Hmm…I can guess."

"Exactly, I am here for Walter. You took him away from me ten years ago. I am here to get my man back." Rose had always been a determined person. She could have given up clothes, books, or even a good life style, but love was not one of those things. For her love, she would fight even with a blood-sucking monster. No one would keep her love away from her.

Even if it took years to find her man, she still came here to challenge the monster to battle. She was going to protect her love with her teeth, with her nails, with everything she had. If the vampire wanted a war, a war she was going to get.

"Oh my, you still have feelings for him, even after all these years? I thought that you would have gotten married and had a few children by now. Besides, you should be polite to the person who saved your life."

"What?"

"Yes, if it weren't for me, you would be six feet underground right now."

"Don't be so full of yourself, vampire. I have nothing to thank you for. You took Walter away from me. Do you think my love was sugar and honey in all those years? For years I searched for what belongs to me, and I will get him back. My life is filled with sorrow without his love."

"Then fall in love again with another man. The problem would be easily solved that way."

"Are you a fool or just pretending to be one? Walter is my soul mate, I cannot live without him, and I cannot fall for another man. But I guess you never loved anyone before. If you had, you wouldn't have separated us because you would have known the pain."

Anya knew exactly what Rose was talking about. But because she liked to play with humans she was always seen as a monster. But couldn't she see that she was looking for love and at the same time, she wanted to escape from it? Did she think it was so easy for a pureblood who lived for an eternity to find love?

Anya hated humans, and envied them at the same time. Humans had a short life, but they could find love faster and they took full advantage of their short life spam. While she, a pureblood vampire remained without love. Her society was invaded by vampires she didn't even like.

She couldn't afford falling in love with a vampire lower than her, since he would live shorter than her. If she fell deeply in love and ever truly found her soul mate, she knew her entire world would end.

Her life was filled with misery, so she took her revenge on humans, and turned them in something like her, a vampire, a being which could not love.

"I even think that you're the one who wounded me that night. It was you, wasn't it? I heard that vampires have special powers, so I guess it was you who wounded me."

Hearing her words, Anya's thoughts flew into the past.

She had seen Walter while she had been taking a walk in the streets. She had been bored and she had hoped to find a good coffee shop and waste her time there.

When he passed by her she instantly noticed him. She had spent a week in town and knew every man that lived there, but it was for the first time when she saw him. He had a different aura, and she remembered being strongly attracted to it.

She wanted to find more information about him. She used her abilities on humans, and to her displeasure she found out that he had been engaged to a lovely young lady. This was how people described Rose.

The next day she saw them in the town holding hands. She could grasp a part of their conversation, they talked about their upcoming wedding. She couldn't stand this when she heard it. That man attracted her and she remembered believing that she was prepared do whatever it took to have him.

When Anya left to pay a visit to the young girl the storm had not started just yet, but when she got there, the horrid storm had already begun along its course. If she would have been a mere human girl, she would have yelled and asked for shelter. But she wasn't. She was a vampire among vampires, a pureblood, and some lighting and thunder didn't scare her.

Anya saw the horses in the stable, and as she had expected, they became aware of her presence and became agitated. One of them escaped and ran away to the trees nearby and remained stuck in a branch under a strap from a saddle that hadn't been removed yet.

She heard a door and some steps and she could see the young girl coming outside to check on the horses. Anya saw Rose heading towards the missing horse. Like Rose, she heard a noise and later she saw the small tree branch which stabbed her.

Should she listen to her pleas or not? Should she save her or not? Suddenly, she felt another human presence, it was him – her fiancée. And in that second she made her decision – she would give her time and if she will refused to hand him to her, then she would make him obey.

She used her healing powers on the girl, enough for her to survive until she reached the nearest hospital. Rose had to be alive if she wanted Walter.

"Nonsense." Anya replied. "I had no intervention in that matter. But if it wasn't for me, you wouldn't have been alive when he found you. You can deny it all you want, but you're alive because of me."

"I will repeat again and for the last time…I am not indebted to you."

"But I wonder if you remembering Walter despite me erasing your memories about him is due to love." Anya wore a puzzled expression on her face. She really was curious if deep feelings for someone could cancel the effect of "erased memories."

So, her memories were had been erased. When she woke up on that hospital bed, she wondered what had been missing. She had a lot of visitors, but none of them talked about Walter. Two years later, when she remembered him and asked some of her friends they said that they did not say anything because they thought she had been in shock after his death. And wanting to protect herself, her mind erased any trace of him. They even helped in taking away Walter's belongings.

But all her memories flooded back in a single day, as did the memory of how she lost him. While she looked outside and saw trees on the ground she remembered her own drama – the beautiful woman who said she wanted her fiancée, and she saw her fiancée too, how he carried her to the hospital and on the road, he encouraged her to hang on to her life, for him.

"A woman will never forget her first and only love. It's something only humans are able to do," she mocked. "I cannot say the same for you. Give me my man back! If I need to fight with you I will do it!"

Anya was bored already. All this girl could say was "my man". Didn't she know that Walter didn't belong to her anymore? Walter had one master, and the name of his master was Anya Cold, not Rose.

And what did she meant to say that she would fight with her? Did she really believe that she, Anya Cold, a pureblood, was going to waste her time fighting with another woman for a man? That would be a disgrace for her, not to say an immature act of stupidity.

Moreover, Rose had a huge problem.

"Oh my Rose, I am afraid that Walter does not belong to you anymore."

"What do you mean by that? He came with you because you threatened him, not because he loves you."

"True, he came with me due to some weird circumstances, but since I sank my fangs into his throat he became my slave."

"What?"

"He's not a human anymore, he's a vampire. Moreover, I am his master, and a slave will listen only his master's words. If you told him to come to your side and I told him the same thing, he would listen my words since mine are stronger and he cannot disobey a command from me, his master."

"I don't believe you. You're lying to me."

"Whether you believe my words or not does not concern me. Suit yourself. You can see Walter anytime you want to convince yourself. Now, if you will excuse me, it's time for you to retreat. You know where the door is."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He needed space to reflect on his doings. His mission here had to be simple – find his target and kill it, when he had the evidence to do so. But in the past few days, his life had been an utter mess.

At first, he ran away from that fragile vampire because he was afraid of commitment, but Maria would never know this, and now he was stuck with a pureblood vampire. Probably, this was the price he had to pay for being a cruel criminal in his past life.

Everything started when that woman made advances toward him. First he had been strong enough to resist her, but later she showed up in his dreams, and they were doing…naughty things. Having sex with another woman in his dreams was cheating, was it not?

No, of course not. He couldn't control his dreams, but what happened after…is that cheating?

He had responded to her kiss; of course that was cheating. He had cheated Maria. He had come here to think about his relationship with her, and he ended up kissing another one. And it just so happened to be his target-to-be no less. Maria was small, but she was going to be furious if she found out what had happened between Zero and the putrid pureblood. It was better for him to avoid infuriating her further. She was already mad at him because he had left without saying goodbye. God, he was doomed if she found out. He promised himself that he would never kiss that pureblood again, and going further than a kiss, like in his dream certainly wasn't going to happen. He wouldn't allow it to go that far. It wasn't going to happen again…it wasn't…

While he was absorbed in his thoughts, Zero had a familiar sensation – he sensed a vampire. He put his thoughts aside and, following his instincts, he went after the scent.

It led him to a coffee shop nearby. He screened the place with his eyes and spotted the vampire. To his surprise, it was the same vampire who had attacked Rose. It was crowded, in daylight – he couldn't take out his gun and shoot that bastard. Zero had to wait for that vampire to be alone with him. But his primary problem was how to make him go into a secluded place.

His target left the coffee shop twenty minutes later. The moment he went out the door, Zero was behind him.

"Don't move, and don't make a scene. We two need to have a talk." The vampire could feel something pressing into his back.

"I remember you. You're the guy who stopped me the other night. Are you a hunter?"

"Yes, I am. Bastards like you who attack humans are killed by the likes of me. Don't you know that vampires who attack humans are put onto a hunted list and eventually killed by hunters? Maybe in the past vampires were free to hunt anytime, anywhere and anyone, but now-a-days it's prohibited. Sorry to break the bad news to you so suddenly."

They walked for minutes in silence. With his eyes, Zero tried to find isolated places where he could finish off his target. While Zero made his own plans, the target did as well. With his eyes, he looked for crowded places where he could accomplish his plans.

Suddenly, he saw a gathering few feet away, and he went into that direction. It was bad for Zero. People bumped into each other, and if he wasn't careful, he would lose him.

Why did Zero have to be an attractive guy? A girl bumped into him and wanted to shout at him to look where he was walking, but when she saw into whom she had bumped into, she wanted to know more about him.

And she wasn't the only girl who spotted him. Few seconds later he was surrounded by six girls and all of them wanted his number. He cursed his good looks. Because of it he had lost his prey. When he was able to release himself from those fanatic girls, his target was nowhere to be found.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rose couldn't believe that that hateful vampire turned her back and left like she was nobody. She wanted to shout and curse at her but decided to not give into her satisfaction – she decided to leave.

But when she opened the door, she saw him – her fiancée. She couldn't control her emotions when she saw him, she ran, directly into his arms.

"Walter…I finally found you."

Walter recognized her - she was the woman who haunted his dreams. Vaguely, he remembered his attachment for the girl that was now in his arms. But this didn't matter anymore; now he lived for someone else. Another woman was the master of his heart.

"Miss, would you be so kind as to detach your arms from my body?" Rose was surprised by his words. His words were cold, like she was a stranger to him. What happened the love he had for her?

"Walter, it's me, Rose. Your fiancée." Walter removed her arms from him.

"I know who you are, Miss. But what is in the past belongs to the past. Now, if you will excuse me, I need to go inside. Be careful on your way back, Miss." Walter passed by her. Rose couldn't let him go like that. He was her soul mate, she wouldn't let him go.

"Walter! I am Rose…your fiancée. I am the woman you proposed and vowed to spend the rest of your life with me. You were taken away from me ten years ago, but I won't accept that."

"You won't accept what, Miss?"

"I won't accept to be away from you. Are you listening to me? I won't accept it. And if I need to fight with that witch from inside then I will do it. No one will take you away from me."

He was taken aback by her words. He could see determination in her eyes, it was like a fire ignited inside her with no chance to be extinguish.

"Walter?" he heard the voice of his master. "Come Walter, come to my side." His master ordered.

On the other side Rose called Walter too. "Walter, leave that woman's side and come again to me. We are betrothed. Come by my side!"

He looked at both, but in the end he made his choice. Anya had been right. Her words were stronger – Walter came faithfully to her side, leaving behind a crying girl, screaming his name like an echo in the distance.

Imi pare foarte rau ca nimeni nu s-a sinchisit sa raspunda, asa ca o sa incep prin a iti spune ca apreciez ca este in engleza (arata mai bine si se citeste mai usor).
Nu imi place neaparat cuplul ce ti l-ai ales (desi mi se pare interesant ca ai un OC), dar voi lasa un comentariu pentru primul capitol cand o sa il pot citi.
Revin cu un edit zilele astea (daca nu sunt prinsa cu liceul).
Succes in continuare.
/edit Vin tarziu, ca o idioata. Scuza-ma! Nu am observat foarte multe greseli si reusisem sa citesc primele 2 capitole cap-coada, iar peste celalalte m-am uitat fugar.
Apreciez ca nu ai multe greseli si ca ai creat si un personaj OC (desi prima data cred ca citisem Yuuki x Kaname si de aceea am spus ca nu agreez cuplul).
Serios, imi e destul de greu sa citesc un fanfic straight, asa ca poate altii o sa comenteze mai bine decat mine.
"Forgive you? Why? It's not like I'm mad or anything. You were the one who got angry; just like you said, I was being too nosy. I've always been like that, not knowing my boundaries. I'm the type who'll water a plant til it drowns."
- Yokozawa Takafumi no Baai, vol. 2

Utilizatori care citesc acest subiect:
1 Vizitator(i)